Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
It was my friend Alex’s birthday whilst we were in Dubai, and if there was one way to celebrate, it was going to be with Afternoon Tea at the Burj Al Arab!
We were guided to our table with our dropped jaws, taking in the interior of the worlds only 7* hotel.
We started our afternoon tea the only way it should be started…with champagne!
The food started arriving, first up was a refreshing white chocolate ‘petit pot’, with green apple…
…shortly followed by the tastiest assortment of finger sandwiches I have EVER eaten.
– A pinwheel of Classic Smoked Salmon & Crab Meat, Crushed Avocado, Lime & a hint of chilli in Granary Bread.
– Coronation Chicken Sandwich in Tomato & Spinach Loaf, Topped with Green Apple & Vadouvan Whipped Cream
– Truffled Hen’s Egg & Cress on Artisanal Baguette & Watercress
– Roast Beef & Bresaola Parcel with Horseradish Salsa Verde, topped with Celery Leaf & Dijon Mustard
– Cucumber & Mint Cream Cheese in Saffron Focaccia.
Next to arrive was the Mediterranean Tartlet, stuffed with Ratatouille, Olives & Feta Cheese. The pastry was so light, we finished the whole thing with ease.
A passion fruit sorbet was served as an afternoon tea refresher. Cleanses the pallet to get you ready for… more food!
Tastebuds refreshed, we were ready for our next course… Warm, Freshly Baked Scones served with Devonshire Clotted Cream and three different types of preserves; strawberry jam, orange marmalade, and passionfruit jam.
It wasn’t long before they were scone… (sorry).
Just when we thought we were done, you guessed it, more food! Totally acceptable though as it’s desserts, and not just any old desserts…brace yourselves.
– Raspberry & Pistachio Choux
– Lemon Tart
– Exotic Milk Chocolate Macaroon
(Is your mouth watering yet?)
– Strawberry & Almond Dulcey
– Hazelnut & Coffee Square
Food demolished, and stomach’s hating us, we had just enough room left for a cup of tea.
Just when we thought we’d done, the thoughtful staff at the hotel brought out a little surprise for Alex’s Birthday!
We finished our tea, and left the hotel just in time for sunset – the perfect end to the perfect day!